Amsterdam - UvA Atrium restaurant

Voor alle vragen en tips over reizen en uitgaan met betrekking tot veganisme.
(geen aankondigingen voor feesten ed.!)

Moderators: Rick, Martine

Plaats reactie
knarz2000
Leefwijze: veganist

Amsterdam - UvA Atrium restaurant

Bericht door knarz2000 » ma jan 20, 2014 20:44

Hey,

does anyone of you know whether the UvA Mensa offers vegan food? I'll start studying there soon and I don't want to bring my own food everyday. Or is there a cheap vegan restaurant next to the university in the city centre?

Cheers!

Martine

Re: Amsterdam - UvA Atrium restaurant

Bericht door Martine » ma jan 20, 2014 23:14

Hi!

It's been a while since I was in the UvA mensa. There used to be a salad bar that often had vegan-looking options. Sometimes the soups are potentially vegan too, but you'd have to ask to make sure. The bread could be vegan (again, ask if you want to be sure) and they have peanut butter, jelly and fruit. Maybe the sandwich counter maker a hummus sandwich? Email them and ask to expand and label their vegan options (they probably won't, but it's always good to ask).

If you don't want to bring your lunch from home, you could also go to the AH store behind Dam square or the one opposite to the University Library on the Koningsplein and get some stuff there (bread, hummus, fruit, ontbijtkoek, crackers, Alpro yogurt, salad etc.)

The Maoz falafel on Muntplein is cheap and tasty.

Good luck!
Kom eens kijken op Vegetus en Gewoon Vegan!

knarz2000

Bericht door knarz2000 » di jan 21, 2014 17:43

Thx! :) I will try that.

Ananas

Bericht door Ananas » di jan 21, 2014 18:27

When I studied at the UvA, there were some vegan things like Martine mentioned already. Back then I was very happy with the 2 microwave ovens in the canteen, so that I could always heat up my food (but it did involve some planning to always have to bring your own lunch... but that goes for almost every vegan in the country). The microwave ovens were always very popular during lunchtime though, it was always a pity when I had to have lunch break around 1 cause it might mean having my lunch cold.

Oh and there was no other store around back then, but I guess it depends on which location you're studying (I was at the science park, and things might have improved over there since then).

Plaats reactie