Quotes

Veganisme en religie/spiritualiteit. Filosofie. En andere onderwerpen mbt veganisme.

Moderators: Rick, jet, Rorrim

Plaats reactie
TonyJello
Leefwijze: veganist

Re: Quotes

Bericht door TonyJello » wo mei 01, 2013 16:04

TonyJello

Peaple

Bericht door TonyJello » zo mei 19, 2013 8:39

Renee1137

Bericht door Renee1137 » di mei 21, 2013 10:02

Dit is uit het boek 'Among Whales' van de marien bioloog Roger Payne:
It is because whales are such grand and glowing creatures that their destruction for commerce degrades us so. It will confound our descendants. We were the generation that searched Mars for the most tenuous evidence of life but couldn't rouse enough moral outrage to stop the destruction of the grandest manifestations of life here on Earth. We will be like the Romans whose works of art, architecture, and engineering we find awesome but whose gladiators and traffic in slaves are mystifying and loathsome to us.
Een zeer aan te raden boek overigens. Ontzettend interessant om te lezen over het leven van walvissen, en verdrietig maar belangrijk om te weten hoe de International Whaling Commission (IWC) 95% onzinnigheid is (en dit volgens een wetenschapper die er elk jaar bij is).
Be the change you wish to see in the world.

If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large. - William Wilberforce

TonyJello

Bericht door TonyJello » do mei 30, 2013 15:25

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”
— Michael Ellner

dorus

Bericht door dorus » wo jun 12, 2013 19:46

Written by Sun, Co-Founder of Gentle World
I love vegans, first and foremost, for their heightened sense of justice and compassion, in choosing to avoid, as far as possible, products and businesses that exploit anyone’s body, in any way, for any reason.

Akin to abolitionists of human slavery who believe that it is morally wrong to force living, breathing human beings into slavery, vegans have taken that belief one step further, by including living, breathing non-human beings… and for this, I love them even more.

When I look out into our sad, mad world, in which the laws of all lands perpetuate the slavery of animals, I see the violence and cruelty such prejudice breeds. I see the terrifying plight of its victims. I see the unbearable burden it places on the collective conscience of humanity. And I am heavy-hearted.

Then, I turn my gaze to the horizon, and my heart is lifted at the sight of the rising tide of vegans… each one living proof that it’s possible for human beings to evolve their nature from that of predator to one of protector.

By rising above their desire for all products of oppression, these otherwise ordinary people have made the extraordinary decision to free their slaves, thereby striking not merely at one oppressor, but at the roots of the whole rotten business of slavery.

I ask you… How can any lover of justice not love anyone who has the integrity to stand with the tiny minority who are willing to free the lowliest of slaves, considered by the vast majority so insignificant as to be expendable?

Vegans recognize the inherent right of every animal, human or otherwise, to be the sole owner of his or her body, and they acknowledge our ethical responsibility to treat every body with respect and even reverence for the mystery that gives them life.

Without the need for holy books, rituals, prayers, or obedience to anyone or anything beyond their understanding, simply by listening to the one voice inside them that they do understand, vegans know, as everyone with a conscience knows, that slavery is wrong… whoever be the slave and whoever be the master.

I love vegans for being the most powerful force I see for the evolution of our species, because until we, the people, are willing to free our animal slaves, our own higher nature will remain enslaved.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/why-i-love- ... z2W1bzI1vG
Beter vijf minuten actie dan tien minuten medelijden.
www.thebrooke.org
www.brooke.nl

dorus

Bericht door dorus » do jul 18, 2013 19:33

When you find yourself cocooned in isolation
and you cannot find your way out of the darkness,
remember that this is similar to the place where
caterpillars go to grow their wings.

anoniem
www.thebrooke.org
www.brooke.nl

ARTHUR

Bericht door ARTHUR » do jul 18, 2013 20:10

“This is what veganism has to offer, a moral baseline for how we conduct ourselves in the world.”
Harold Brown, voorheen rund- en melkboer in Amerika

http://veganradio.com/sites/default/fil ... -brown.jpg

Mystique

Bericht door Mystique » do jul 18, 2013 22:10

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

Marianne Williamson

@rno

Bericht door @rno » ma jul 22, 2013 9:47

"Eet geen vrees".

A.F.
Zodra je vega wordt, moet je een strijd voeren met je smaak en met je sociale omgeving. De meeste mensen op dit forum hebben die strijd gewonnen.

TonyJello

Bericht door TonyJello » ma jul 22, 2013 12:43

@rno schreef:"Eet geen vrees".

A.F.
Eet geen vleed.

@rno

Bericht door @rno » ma jul 22, 2013 12:56

TonyJello schreef:

A.F.
Eet geen vleed.
???
Zodra je vega wordt, moet je een strijd voeren met je smaak en met je sociale omgeving. De meeste mensen op dit forum hebben die strijd gewonnen.

TonyJello

Bericht door TonyJello » ma jul 22, 2013 14:41

@rno schreef:
TonyJello schreef:

A.F.
Eet geen vleed.
???
Vlees Leed Vleed

@rno

Bericht door @rno » ma jul 22, 2013 14:51

A.F.
TonyJello schreef: Eet geen vleed.

Vlees Leed Vleed
Ok :)

TonyJello

Bericht door TonyJello » di jul 23, 2013 14:17

dorus

Bericht door dorus » di jul 23, 2013 19:20

"The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Nobody exceeds beyond their wildest expectations --
unless he or she begins with some wild expectations."

Anoniem
www.thebrooke.org
www.brooke.nl

TonyJello

Bericht door TonyJello » ma jul 29, 2013 16:06

Voordat je een oorlog in gaat moet je een religie hebben.
-Naam niet bekend-

TonyJello

Bericht door TonyJello » za aug 10, 2013 18:16

ARTHUR

Bericht door ARTHUR » wo aug 14, 2013 7:37

Ha! Die is écht geweldig. Volledig mee eens.

Yamcha

Bericht door Yamcha » wo aug 14, 2013 8:30

Een aantal van de teksten hier ontroert me diep.

Lees: why I love vegans, in combinatie met de quote van Mystique
. Prachtig!

Geweldig om even boven de grijsheid en grauwheid van alledag uit te kijken, en te zien dat er méér is dan dat..... dat geeft me hoop.
Niet zozeer voor deze wereld, maar ik geloof echt in een nieuwe hemel en nieuwe aarde, waarin alle mensen vegan zijn, en de dieren eindelijk hun vrijheid vinden en krijgen, die ze verdienen. Waar genoeg voedsel is voor iedereen, waar zon is en mooie plekjes, alleen maar mooi.

Georganiseerde religie heb ik niet veel meer mee, omdat......
TonyJello schreef:
“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”
— Michael Ellner
geloof is echter iets anders dan religie, iets heel anders.

Dank voor de teksten, Dorus en Mystique. Fijn, weer een hoopvol, warm duwtje.

fanderson2

Bericht door fanderson2 » ma jan 08, 2018 17:36

Some of my favourites:
Could you look an animal in the eyes and say to it, 'My appetite is more important than your suffering? - Jeremy Bentham
Please don't refuse with your eyes what the animals endure with their bodies. - Shaun Moson
Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight. - Albert Schweitzer
Also there are a load more here too with unbranded images to share: vegan quotes

Plaats reactie